Landscaping companies across Minnesota have been granted exemption status from the state-wide Shelter-in-Home order that is currently in effect. Our company has been included in this, and here at Organic Bob, we realize this is a large responsibility in many aspects: to the health of our employees and our families, and the health of our customers and their families, as well as to the health of our world as a whole.
With these responsibilities in mind, we wanted to share with you the precautions we are enacting to ensure, to the best of our ability, the health and safety of everyone involved. These are our promises.
Precautions for Lawn Technicians and you:
- If our workers are sick, they will be asked to stay home; this is to keep our workers safe and healthy as well as to mitigate the virus’s spread.
- Temperatures of all scheduled employees will be taken at the start of the workday. If anyone has an above-average temperature, they will be sent home.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided and required in the garages.
- All crew members will be asked to drive separately to work sites so that they may maintain a 6 foot distance between themselves at all times.*
- All surfaces and equipment in the garage and trucks will be sanitized regularly.
- All workers will be given PPE, including gloves and cotton masks to wear at all times. Workers will not share ANY of these materials with one another and will have replacements available as needed.
Precautions for Sales Activists and you:
- We have modified our process for providing free assessments to be entirely online during the Stay at Home Order. This includes measuring and any communication with the customer. We will utilize Skype, Google Hangouts, FaceTime,. This way, our Sales Activists can call and walk through the process with you and get you an estimate based on satellite imagery from GoogleEarth.
- For returning customers, a reduced program is being offered this year: The Hold Your Ground program When a returning customer doesn’t want to lose momentum on their organic lawn, but cannot continue the current plan due to financial strain. (This is a bandaid, not a long-term solution. There will be no improvement to the lawn during this time, only maintenance of current soil health.)
*We ask that you help us keep everyone safe by minimizing contact as much as possible, as well as keeping a minimum of 6 feet between you and the Technician at all times. If you have concerns about your next visit, please try to let your Sales Activist know before we come to service your lawn.
^Lawn care recommendations are subject to change until we are able to actually see the customer’s property.